Pendelton State University is situated in Rutherford, Ohio. Among its teaching staff are Dr. Dick Solomon, a physics professor, Dr. Mary Albright, an anthropology professor and Nina Campbell, who is Mary's (and later Dick's) Assistant.
The university itself is built upon 22 acres of reclaimed uranium mine land and is in a general state of dilapidation. The campus has a statue of Admiral Pendelton, the university's namesake, which is missing an arm. In the library, there is an exhibition on the Incas which consists of a few coins and a spoon. It is said that the students here are only there because they 'choked' on their SATs.
- Prof. Dick Solomon - Physics Professor
- Dr. Mary Albright - Anthropology Professor
- Nina Campbell - Secretary and assistant to Mary and Dick
- Dr. Judith Draper - Women's Studies Professor
- Vincent Strudwick - Physics Professor
- Prof. Suter - Retired Professor
- Dr. Liam Neesam - Physics Professor
- Dr. Jennifer Ravelli - Professor of Comparative Literature
- Dean Sumner - Retired Dean of Arts and Sciences
- Lucy - Lunchroom attendant and secretary to Mary Albright