|“||Sally: I want to meet your mother, we could all go out to dinner, the three of us.
Mr. Randall: Don't you think it's a little early?
Sally: No, breakfast would be a little early, dinner is fine.
|Father Knows Dick|
|Season 1, Episode 18|
|Air date||May 7, 1996|
|Written by||Bob Kushell|
|Directed by||Robert Berlinger|
Assault With A Deadly Dick
Dick decides that he is now Harry's father, and sets out nurture the suddenly rebellious Harry. Harry feels useless and upset when he figures he doesn't have a function the way the rest of the Solomons have, however, he decides to run away when learns that he has a "thing" in his head, a communications device the others knew about all along.
- John Lithgow as Dick Solomon
- Kristen Johnston as Sally Solomon
- French Stewart as Harry Solomon
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Tommy Solomon
- Jane Curtin as Mary Albright (Credit only)
Recurring Cast and Guest Stars
- Elmarie Wendel as Mrs. Mamie Dubcek
- David DeLuise as Bug Pollone
- Ian Lithgow as Leon
- Danielle Nicolet as Caryn
- Chris Hogan as Aubrey Pitman
- John D'Aquino as Kevin Randall
- Naomi Judd as Frances Randall
At the end, the song "Mama He's Crazy" by The Judds plays in the background. Frances Randall is played by Naomi Judd.
The title of this episode is a reference to the 1950s comedy TV show 'Father Knows Best'.
This is the last time in the show they mention Harry's painting.
This is the second episode not to feature Mary, although Jane Curtin still receives billing in the opening credits.
The production code for this episode is 119
This is the seventeenth episode directed by Robert Berlinger and the second written by Bob Kushell